Download the Mobile App!
Join friends from Kentucky Baptist Fellowship at Campbellsville University as we celebrate 25 years of being a Fellowship, April 22-23, 2016. The theme for this year’s Spring Gathering celebrates our common purpose: “Living as Covenant Community.”
Our keynote presenter for this gathering is Rev. Karen Thomas Smith, chaplain at Al Akhawayn University in Morocco and president of the Protestant Church of Morocco (EEAM).
- “Responding to the Refugee Crisis” panel discussion with Steve Clark, Annette Ellard, Alix Davidson Keller, and Karen Thomas
- “What’s Up with CBF Global Missions?” led by Steven Porter, CBF Global Missions Coordinator
- “EmpowerWest: What We’re Learning” with Jason Crosby, Kevin Cosby, Joe Phelps and others
- “Fighting Predatory Lending” led by Sharon Felton, CBF Advocacy Specialist
- “Human Trafficking: What We Need to Know” by Candace Hansford, associate professor at Campbellsville University
- Academy of Preachers Festival
- "But we already have women _________, what’s next? Creating a culture of support in your congregation" sponsored by Kentucky Baptist Women in Ministry, Emily Holladay and Alix Davidson Keller, co-conveners
FRIDAY SESSIONS: TWO TRACKS
- “Reclaiming Evangelism for the 21st Century” led by Steven Porter, CBF Global Missions Coordinator, challenges church leaders and missions teams to think beyond charity to capacity-building engagement in their communities and beyond.
- “Human Trafficking and the Christian Response” led by Candace Hansford, associate professor at Campbellsville University, offersnetworking and continuing education for chaplains and pastoral counselors. (3 CEU’s)
Friday Sessions begin with a Fellowship Luncheon at 12:00. The workshops begin at 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm. Registration and a $10 fee are required for the Friday Sessions.
Friday, April 22
- 12:00 - Lunch (reservation required)
- 1:30 - Workshops (see above)
- 5:30 - BSK Banquet (contact BSK for reservations)
- 7:00 - Business Session
- 7:45 - Worship
- 9:00 - Fellowship
Saturday, April 23
- 8:30 - Refreshments & Young Pastor's Breakfast
- 9:30 - Breakout Session #1
- 10:30 - Breakout Session #2
- 11:30 - Worship
For your convenience, KBF has set up room blocks in two hotels. The rooms are available by request under the name "Kentucky Baptist Fellowship" at a reduced rate.
- Holiday Inn Express, 270-465-2727, reserve by March 20, $109.99.
- Best Western, 270-465-7001, reserve by April 8, $99.99.
Childcare will be available Friday, April 22, 7pm-9pm, and Saturday April 23, 8:30am-12:30pm. Reservations required. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.