by John Lepper, KBF Coordinator
1. Building Community! KBF’s tagline in recent years has been “Building Community.” What better way to build community than to attend the Spring Gathering? This year’s theme, “Building Community Through Spiritual Formation and Fellowship” will help you grow in these areas.
2. Time to get out of the house and take a road trip—now that spring is here. Are you cranky from cabin fever? Get revenge on Punxsutawney Phil and his friends by taking a road trip and catching some sunshine. As one minister said, “I’m not a violent man but I’m not sure what I’d do if I saw a groundhog!” This may be your opportunity!
3. Worship. Vibrant worship services will inspire and challenge. Suzii Paynter will challenge us in Friday evening worship and Karen Thomas Smith will do the same in the Saturday service. Find inspiration to live more fully into your unique calling as a Christian.
4. Workshops and Resources. Find help on a variety of topics related to Spiritual Formation and Fellowship. Who knows? You might just gain an idea that you can take back to your church.
5. Change of pace. Exchange the slow pace of your area for construction traffic and exciting Louisville interstates like “spaghetti junction." Be ready to practice lectio divina in your car as you are cut off from merging and become angry with the many Louisvillians who think turn signals are optional. But, the restaurants and activities can’t be beaten!